gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] (no subject)

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:25:41 -0400

> > cd zips
> > tar -ztf gcl-2.6.2a.tgz | fgrep gmp.h
>
> I get
>       gcl/h/mgmp.h
> hence not the desired file and hence not in the gmp3 directory. This is
> however true for GCL 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.6.2a, so this might be the correct
> location, so why is the make looking for a different file....

curious. I've just did a clean checkout and am building it here to see
if it fails on RedHat.

My system runs config, creates config.m4 which says:
config.status: creating gmp.h

beyond that it is building normally. So I suspect there is some test
in the config mechanism that is failing in SUSE. I'm trying to read
the config mechanism now.

> By the way, could the README file of AXIOM be split into two file. The
> README and a FQA file. I was scrolling down the README file and stopped
> when I saw license busines (not assuming something technical coming below)

Sure, I can split them out. The license business is at the top because
we're all lawyers first and programmers second :-) You'll also notice
that there is a license at the top of every source file (about like
putting a license and patent information on every car part). Sorry,
the whole legal thing just sets me off.... all further discussion of
this will be on axiom-legal.