gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: eval-when 'defaults'

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: eval-when 'defaults'
Date: 08 Jul 2004 17:39:47 -0400

Greetings!

Michael Koehne <address@hidden> writes:

> Moin Paul & Camm & Mike,
>
> > >Then it would appear the following lisp code is broken, and that a
> > >conforming compiler is not obliged to compile set-up-cursor to code
> > >that reflects the macro expansion of f-.  Right?
>
>   the lisp code might be broken, in the way I cut'n'pasted it from
>   Maxima - the idea behind it was: This is the code, that works, if
>   loaded! Lets look, if its able to produce the same crash, if compiled
>   under windows, as Maxima does, so we have a smaller code to reproduce
>   the crash. My current idea, of why GCL crashes, could be that the
>   Maxima build under windows might be doing a simililar error that
>   is attested to my sniplet.

Please don't take offense at the word 'broken' here -- the test code
is very helpful!  I'm continually expanding my own understanding, and
I was just trying to get to the bottom of why f- called its macro
function on two integers when the file was loaded :-).  Turns out the
windows maxima issue is now known and is completely separate -- we are
not relocating .rodata symbols in sfasl.c.

Thanks again for all your help here and everywhere!

Take care,