gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:31:04 +1000

Hi Michael.

|   I think someone must have an idea, whats going on there, because
|   gclcvs version in Sarge does not (yet) have this problem. Both my
|   Woody compilied and my Sarge compiled GCL from cvs HEAD show it,
|   so I think its not something of my libraries, but something that
|   had been changed recently.

For the record, on Windows 2.6.2 ANSI I get the same problem:

>(system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)

Error in SYSTEM:STRING-MATCH [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory may
be da
maged]

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at SYSTEM:STRING-MATCH.  Type :H for Help.
 1 (Abort) Return to top level.
dbl:>>:bt

#0   STRING-MATCH {loc0=:anykey,loc1=:verbose,loc2=:anykey,loc3=:verbose}
[ihs=8
]
#1   STRING-MATCH {loc0=:anykey,loc1=:verbose} [ihs=7]
#2   EVAL {loc0=nil,loc1=nil,loc2=nil,loc3=#<compiled-function
system:string-mat
ch>} [ihs=6]
#3   TOP-LEVEL {} [ihs=5]
#4   FUNCALL {loc0=#<compiled-function
system:top-level>,loc1=nil,loc2=0,loc3=0,
loc4=nil,loc5...} [ihs=4]
NIL
dbl:>>

Cheers