gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:32:24 +0200

Moin Tim,

> will the ansi compliant version handle ltk?
> (http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk)

  i just downloaded it - the list of supported Lisp's read nice - so
  I have some other Lisp's to compare, if it failes.

> The sweet part about this work is that it is all common lisp except
> for one function that runs a program and captures the i/o stream.
> I believe GCL has that function somewhere.

  I think I also saw this function somewhere. GCL has two functions -
  one well known (si::system) but unable to capture io, an one hidden,
  who is able to capture the stream - I have to dig out the later and
  either implements its features as keywords to si::system (to rewrite
  the hidden one in Lisp) or patch my ASDF to use the unknown one.

  Lets look, how RUN-PROCESS works out - its compiled but does'nt contain
  anything, because its commented because RUN_PROCESS is only #define'd
  in h/mac2.h, h/bsd.h and h/mingw.h but not in h/linux.h ... ?

  BTW: does anyone know what KCLOVM for multiprocessing is/was ?

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM