gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:50:03 +0400

Camm Maguire writes:
Greetings, all!  Some of you may have noticed the recent delay in the
release.  The issue that's holding things up at the moment is the
clarification of the license of the dpANSI documents (publicly
circulated drafts of the ANSI standard before it was finalized) which
has presumably been used by Dr. Schelter in his gcl.info.tgz archive
on his website.  This material is still publicly available, but
without clear copying information.

It will at best take a month or two to resolve this.  So we have a
choice -- should we wait, or pull the document (gcl.texi, not the
gcl-si and gcl-tk .texi documents) pending resolution and release what
we have?

Thoughts most appreciated.

Take care,

I think we should release GCL 2.6.2 (without gcl.texi)
as soon as possible.  This legal issue could be settled
later and nobody really know how long it takes.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

     <address@hidden>