gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2 benchmarks

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2 benchmarks
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:15:36 +1000

Hi Camm.

Thanks for that.  I was worried you were going to say an 800 MHz PIII!

| Anyone know why clisp is not compiling the browse test (and corman the
| others?)

corman - from memory FFT-MOD died because of a syntax incompatibility for
doubles;  STAK just hung for half an hour twice over so I gave up on it.

I saw yesterday that ECL has made it onto Windows via MinGW32 so it will be
good to try it out at some stage too.  It uses DLLs for dynamic loading
rather than object linking, so I suppose that is roughly equivalent with our
Unix dlopen method but with fully sealed executable modules (which is what
DLL's are on Windows).  That was the approach used in the Windows CE GCL
port too.

Cheers

Mike Thomas