gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: CLOCC Package, Better Message

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: CLOCC Package, Better Message
Date: 21 Jun 2004 14:46:41 -0400

Greetings!

My first suggestion is to check out pargcl:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/gene/pargcl.html

This will give you much more parallel functionality than what you are
after below, should you ever need it.

Regarding clocc, there are many ansi dependencies in these libraries,
and ansi compliance is a work in progress for gcl.  The 2.7.0 (cvs
head) branch is significantly further along in this regard than the
stable '2.6.x' branch.  In addition, you are likely to benefit from
the outstanding work Michael Koehne has done regarding pathnames,
certain support for which is likely the primary obstacle to much of
clocc.  He has posted a patch against current 2.7.0 which you will no
doubt find very helpful should you pursue this route.  I will be
committing it as soon as I can get a chance to read it through
carefully, which in turn must wait for 2.6.2 to be released.  We've
hit a few minor snags in the latter, regarding benchmark results, and
a few other technical concerns about the documentation.

Take care,