gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] shootout and gabriel

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] shootout and gabriel
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:44:21 +0200

Moin Mike Thomas,

> 3. I'll try and replicate the benchmarks on Windows, but can't say when.  I
> was shocked at the speed results especially in comparison with CMUCL!  (Even
> accounting for the usual caveats of benchmarking - blah, blah, blah!!!)  It
> might be worthwhile looking into a GCL entry at:
>
>   http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

  there is'nt a GCL entry yet, as the shootout uses several cmucl
  implementation specific functions. I though more than once, to
  enhance them with clisp and gcl.

  The gabriel benchmark has also been known for its own portability
  problems. It would be nice to have both benchmarks under Common
  Lisp Controller, to compare the different Lisp's that come with Debian.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM