gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:56:13 +0400

Mike Thomas writes:
Hi Camm.

| and let me know what I've forgotten.  Issues of presentation aside,
| green means pass, yellow means unimplemented feature, red means known
| bug, and blank means untested.

SGC should be yellow (unimplemented) for Windows; it is white this morning.

|  We need to add notes in the relevant
| boxes where items like specific gcc compiler versions needed or other
| details are applicable.  I'm thinking a number with a footnote might
| be best.

For Windows, the recommended tools are gcc 3.3.1 and binutils 2.14.90 hosted
by the MSYS development environment.

BTW, binutils 2.14.90 isn't so easy to obtain. At least they are not listed on official MinGW dowload site (just 2.13.90 and 2.15.90).
You should go to ftp.sf.net directly to get it.

| In addition, some of you might wish to contribute a README text file
| containing specific items you've discovered about your build.  If so,
| please do this ASAP.

I've attached an updated version of the file readme.mingw from the 2_6_2c2
branch.  If it is not too late it should relpace the tagged version (sorry
about the lateness).

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

--