gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: atlas3 on hppa: unexpected reloc type

From: Randolph Chung
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: atlas3 on hppa: unexpected reloc type
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:39:58 -0700

> > However, the question I have is, does anyone care?  I cannot
> > find a single addressable PA-RISC tech document on HP's website.  They

Yeah, they broke it (again) recently. Someone is looking into it...

There are some docs linked from
http://www.parisc-linux.org/documentation/

> > are switching to the Itanium for the future, and I am unaware of legions
> > of people using PA-RISC machines (though I've had a couple write in for
> > help).  So, does it make sense to spend a lot of time on this arch, given
> > that it appears to be a dead end?

well, we do have ~1200 registered parisc-linux users :)

> > Obviously, ATLAS can be installed on the machines, so the question is not
> > one
> > of whether it's possible, but whether it is worth time to make it easy,
> > create defaults, look for speedups, etc . . .

right. if someone is interested, then go for it.... but i don't think
it's high priority on anybody's list at the moment.

> > Maybe someone wants to point me at the techdoc that addresses these
> > extensions,
> > and while you are at it, docs that describe everything else, since I can't
> > find it?

try the doc link above; try "parisc2.0.pdf". The bits you want are on
page 6-11 (for prefetch)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports