gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-04159.patch

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-04159.patch
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 02:05:50 +0200

Moin Camm & Paul,

  gcl-04159.patch could be found at http://www.copyleft.de/lisp/

  improvements over gcl-04151.patch :

  - ensure-directories-exist will build parent directories also.
  - relaxed character and case handling in logical pathnames.
  - (push :ansi si:*pathname-resolve) to disable Bruno Haible's
    interpretation of merge-pathname, and my relaxed handling of
    logical pathnames.
  - gcc 2.95.4 support *blush*

  the next version will contain more documentation, see :

      http://www.copyleft.de/lisp/gcl-ansi-pathnames.html

  so we have a manual to slap those who ask the wrong questions ;)

  todo for 2.7.0 (pathnames related) :
  - test MacOS/X
    I still have not read a failure or a success from this platform.
    please try my patch there - it might break on Your system !
  - test M$Windows
    ditto, see MacOS/X
  - more documentation.
    see above ...
  - proofreading of documentation - I'm good at writing denglisp,
    a mixture between in Deutsch English an Lisp, that might be
    hard to digest for a native english speaker. Please download
    the original at
        http://www.copyleft.de/lisp/gcl-ansi-pathnames.html?plain
    if you are a native english speaker, who wants to improve GCL
    at documentation.

  plans for 2.7.1 :
  - translating of devices and non-logical hosts
  ( e.g. '("C:/Eigene Dateien/**/*.*" "~/**/*.*") )
  - CMUCL like search lists
  ( e.g. '("/bin/" "/usr/bin/" "/usr/local/bin/") )

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM