gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Can't build ACL2 using GCL under Mac OS X 3.3

From: John Matthews
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Can't build ACL2 using GCL under Mac OS X 3.3
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:56:41 -0700

Hi Camm, Aurelien,

What was the result of '(si::sgc-on t)' in plain gcl?

If I start up my original version of GCL and type the following commands:

  (blahblahblah)

then GCL informs me that blahblahblah is unbound. On the other
hand if I restart GCL and type

  (si::sgc-on t)
  (blahblahblah)

then GCL hangs. Finally, if I instead rerun GCL with

  (si::sgc-on t)
  (+ 1 2 3)
  (cons 1 2)
  (quit)

then ACL2 evaluates each form correctly and exits. I hope this helps narrow things down...

-john