gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] CLC post pathnames ...

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] CLC post pathnames ...
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:43:30 +0200

Moin Camm Maguire,

> This is great!  I know we have quite a ways to go before we can
> compile clc libraries, but, to your understanding, is your script
> working short of this?  This has been a long standing item on my todo
> list.  I will endeavor to install this with the Debian package, and
> close the Debian bug filed on this issue.

  CLC depends on ASDF that depends on :CASE :LOCAL in pathname.d and
  FORMATTER - the :CASE :LOCAL problem is solved, so CLC wont run,
  as long as FORMATTER is not implemented right.

  Also Chapter 19 is a big can of worms and I dont want to stop there
  near the scoreline.

  Current status on pathname.d is pre ALPHA, near the score line :

  + :CASE implemented and widely tested
  + CLCS fixed for file-error type and others
  + WITH-STANDARDIO-SYNTAX to run more ansi tests
  + PATHNAME-WILD:NEW-FUNCTIONS implemented and tested
  - PATHNAME-LOGICAL:ADD
    + LOGICAL-PATHNAME fresh implemented
    + PATHNAME, TRUENAME, MERGE-PATHNAMES, MAKE-PATHNAME, PARSE-NAMESTRING
      accept logical pathnames.
    + TRANSLATE-LOGICAL-PATHNAME fresh implemented
    + setf LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS accessor implemented
    - LOAD-LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS needs ./configure.in patch
    - OPEN, WITH-OPEN-FILE, RENAME-FILE, DELETE-FILE, PROBE-FILE,
      FILE-WRITE-DATE, FILE-AUTHOR, LOAD, COMPILE-FILE, DIRECTORY
      do not yet automagicaly translate logical pathnames, and
      need patches in file.d and other places.

  see http://www.copyleft.de/lisp/gcl-04139.patch

  attaching this patch to the list would be stupid, as it partly interferes
  with CVS update of tonight. I therefore wait for 04140utc0000 to sync both,
  and to provide a similar gcl-04140.patch on my website.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM