gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Newbie Question: How to build an executable out of lisp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Newbie Question: How to build an executable out of lisp source files
Date: 03 May 2004 10:08:00 -0400

that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

Greetings!  For GCL:

(compile-file "foo.lisp")
(load "foo.o")
(si::save-system "new_image")

will result in a standalone executable which can run without further
reference to GCL, i.e. without GCL itself being installed.
Alternatively, one could treat foo.o as the executable and run it in
compiled mode via 'gcl -batch foo.o', which of course does require the
presence of GCL on the system.

Take care,