gcl-devel

Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl sockets

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl sockets
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:41:54 -0400

Camm,

I'm sure the GCL socket code works for tcl/tk but I'm unable to get
it working. The hard part about it is that when it fails it takes
down the whole image (a C code problem rather than a Lisp problem).
Since I link Axiom's socket code into the first GCL image I build
I'm going to use that image instead and try our socket code.
If that works I'll write it up in some more general fashion.

I'm trying to get GCL to work with Apache mod_lisp. There are other
issues to solve also (e.g. do you run one lisp image that everyone
uses (what about side-effects)) or do you start a new image for
every request (how to maintain session continuity?). Axiom supports
namespaces so each user can have their own workspace without affecting
others.

Tim