gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:03:07 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Am I forgetting anything?

I haven't been observing you closely enough to answer that question
comprehensively I'm sorry.

However, as far as Windows GCL is concerned the answer is no, and thanks.
(We can kill the configure.in duplication once there is no longer a need for
repetitive testing.)

This stuff actually turned out to be a very interesting diversion as using
the Unix rather than winnt code (so presumably different warning switches)
in gcl_cmpmain.lsp I got a bunch of gcc warning messages including some
"possibly" uninitialised variables from the random tester:

1200 gazonk3.c: In function `L1':
gazonk3.c:5235: warning: unused variable `V5'
gazonk3.c: In function `L5':
gazonk3.c:5231: warning: `V6' might be used uninitialized in this function
gazonk3.c: In function `L1':
gazonk3.c:5354: warning: unused variable `V4'
gazonk3.c: In function `L3':
gazonk3.c:5549: warning: unused variable `V11'
gazonk3.c: In function `L1':
gazonk3.c:5251: warning: `V2' might be used uninitialized in this function
gazonk3.c: In function `L1':
gazonk3.c:5482: warning: unused variable `V22'
1300 gazonk3.c: In function `L1':

These messages never appeared before and I have yet to track them down - the
intermediate files are being deleted and the names are not being printed so
I'll have to modify the code to go further after I've done more on the path
corruption problem.

Cheers

Mike Thomas