gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:51:35 +1000

Hi Michael.

Thanks very much for the work you've been doing and the emails you've
recently sent.  I'm still catching up on my email due to various recent
distractions, hence the delayed reply and the short response, which is also
due to my now being engaged on getting to the bottom of the Windows port
stability problems.

As I'm not sufficiently knowledgable with regard to namestrings/pathnames to
immediately comprehend your suggestion below, I'm going to leave this and
your patches until I can give them the full and detailed attention they
deserve.

The GCL Lisp code (for example "cmpnew/gcl_cmpmain.lsp") generally seems to
neglect pathname device handling which is understandable given that it was
apparently substantially developed on Unix systems (although I do detect
traces of VMS somewhere in the past).

Cheers

Mike Thomas.