gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] delayed pathname.d patch

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] delayed pathname.d patch
Date: 23 Apr 2004 16:34:30 -0400

Greetings!

Michael Koehne <address@hidden> writes:

> Moin Mike Thomas,
>
> > Whether this patch is really the cause or it has just triggered the strange
> > path behaviour seen in the Maxima build I don't know, but the build now
> > fails trying to compile pcl/pcl_pkg.lsp because the C compiler is fed a path
> > with no device (C:) as follows:
>
>   I wonder how this patch sneaked out - impossile, as I delayed make-pathname
>   to get asdf up patch, and told Camm, that pathname.d is a big can of worms.

Its actually not your patch, which I've not yet received, and which I
agree with you should be kept out of stable.  I did decide to fix that
bug you found -- the one you thought was critical, and I agree -- this
did not break the windows build, but rather the *features* change, but
only in a very simple and easily fixable way.  All should be well now,
or at least back to the same old mysteries.  Would appreciate
confirmation.

Take care,