gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: delayed pathname.d patch
Date: 23 Apr 2004 15:37:03 -0400

Hi Mike!

OK, you've apparently discovered that it is the missing winnt in
*features* that was causing your problem.

I have a different suggestion that your recent commit to main.c:  What
is your canonical host string output by configure?  I'm hoping one of
either the third or fourth components is either winnt or win32.  All
that is used to my understanding is winnt, and this only in
gcl_cmpmain.lsp, so lets try to stick to one item, preferably
autodetected by configure like on other systems, and make sure
gcl_cmpmain.lsp matches.

Separately, there appears to be a straightforward fix to what appears
to have been the original motivation behind one section of the #+winnt
code in gcl_cmpmain.lsp.  I've just committed some changes which
should allow compiles to work without the following block:  could you
please confirm?

   #+(or dos winnt)
      (format nil "~a -I~a ~a ~a -c -w ~a -o ~a"
              *cc*
              (concatenate 'string si::*system-directory* "../h")
              (if (and (boundp '*c-debug*) *c-debug*) " -g " "")
              (case *speed*
                    (3 *opt-three* )
                    (2 *opt-two*)
                    (t ""))
              (namestring (make-pathname  :type "c" :defaults (first args)))
              (namestring (make-pathname  :type "o" :defaults (first args)))
              )

I also don't understand the rationale behind these patches to
configure.in:

case "$use" in
  *mingw*)
        TFPFLAG="-fomit-frame-pointer";;