gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentaton fault

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentaton fault
Date: 22 Apr 2004 12:19:35 -0400

Greetigns, and thanks for your report!

I cannot reproduce this with 2.6.1, cltl1 or ansi, on Linux.  What
version and platform are you using?  Interpreted I get an invocation
history stack overflow, compiled I appear to go on forever.  I'm
guessing this means you are using windows, in which case you may have
stumbled upon a very simple example which may be tickling some long
outstanding windows specific compiler bugs.  If so, I'd suggest
building your gcl with --enable-debug, loading your function
definitions into foo.lisp, (compile-file "foo.lisp" :system-p t)
(compiler::link (list "foo.o") "new_gcl"), gdb new_gcl, (test), and
report the backtrace of the crash in gdb (i.e. 'bt').

Take care,