gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Segmentaton fault

From: Eric Merritt
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Segmentaton fault
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

Guys,

 I was fiddling around trying to figure out how well
gcl handled recursion (not well by functional
standards, but find by lisp standards, it seems). In
any case I came up with the following bit of code
invariably causes a segmentation fault when compiled
and run. However, when interpreted it simply causes a
condition (as it should).

(defun test ()
  (print 'hello)
  (test1))
(defun test1 ()
  (print 'World)
  (test))

(test)

 I suspect this is becuase the default compilation
options remove all checks, but a segfault still
surprised me. I was wondaring if one of you more
experienced people might offer some insight.