gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ANSI status?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ANSI status?
Date: 20 Apr 2004 10:55:08 -0400

Greetings!

Jeff Dalton <address@hidden> writes:

> Quoting "Paul F. Dietz" <address@hidden>:
>
> > Jeff Dalton wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder is someone could briefly say what is the current status
> > > of the ANSI work.  What's been done, and what remains to be done?
> > >
> > > Also, will the CLOS be PCL, or something else?
> >
> > For the test suite: we're up to the Printer section of the spec.
> > After the first pass through the spec, I'll go back and fill in
> > things that were skipped or skimped on.
> >
> > After that it's just a small matter of coding. :)
>
> :) Anyway, how much has been done on the implementation side?
>
> Put another way: if I were to build an ANSI version of GCL,
> how would it differ from the normal one?

IMHO, quite a significant amount of ansi work has already been
accomplished.  The best way to get a feel for the progress is to read
the debian/changelog file in the unstable branch.  Broadly speaking,
defpackage, destructuring-bind, ansi loop, pcl/clos, conditions/clcs,
setf functions, many package handling and defstruct fixes, and that's
jsut what I can think of right now :-).

Take care,