gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] *features*

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] *features*
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:18:33 +0200

Moin David,

> >  i tried to reach CVS over the last days - without any luck ;(
> >  it looks as if my CVS version is clear out of date - the newest
> >  file is from 24 nov ... CVS/Root is :
> >      :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl
> That won't work now.  Security has been tightened.
> See http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gcl

  thanks for that URL - download was fine, the *features* problem
  claiming my system to be a BSD368 with MC68020 still exist and
  looks trivial to patch. Questions here :

  the other GNU Common Lisp's I tested [1] had every symbol in the
  *feature* list prefixed with a ":". So UNIX should be :UNIX, even
  if any of the reader macro's ignored the (non)existence of the ":",
  when asking for #+UNIX. I now wonder, if the ":" prefix is necesary
  by the ansi specs or just by the beauty of source.

with kind regards,
  Michael

[1]: GCL, ECL, CLISP, ARMEDBEAR - are there any other Lisp's qualifying
  for being free in term of GNU and Common Lisp in terms of ANSI ?
  elisp is the most common GNU lisp - but its not Common Lisp ;)
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM