gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 02:27:46 +0200

Moin David Billinghurst,

> > From: Camm Maguire [mailto:address@hidden
> > Might David Billinghurst also lend a hand?
> I am busy with "real work" and "real family".  I hope I can
> at least build CVS over the weekend.

  i tried to reach CVS over the last days - without any luck ;(
  it looks as if my CVS version is clear out of date - the newest
  file is from 24 nov ... CVS/Root is :
      :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl
  did this move ?

  anyway, cross fingers that I find some time to attack two minor
  problems - I'll mail the patch to Camm, in the hope he'll merge
  it, to whatever version is current ;)

    makhno:~/lisp/gcl-cvs $ gcl
    GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.7.0) Wed Apr 14 07:37:26 CEST 2004
    Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
    Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

    Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

    >*features*

    (:ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :COMPILER :NUMLIB :CLOS-CONDITIONS
        :PCL-STRUCTURES :PORTABLE-COMMONLOOPS :PCL :TURBO-CLOSURE-ENV-SIZE
        :TURBO-CLOSURE :SDEBUG :DEFPACKAGE SETF TRUNCATE_USE_C
        CLX-LITTLE-ENDIAN BSD MC68020 BSD386 SGC IEEE-FLOATING-POINT UNIX
        GMP GCL AKCL COMMON KCL)

  Its new to me that my transmeta is emulating mc68020, I had some
  netbsd/68k up and running ages ago, but I never managed to port
  BSD368 to mc68020 - time for an autoconfig guru meditation ...

    (:ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :COMPILER :NUMLIB :CLOS-CONDITIONS
        :PCL-STRUCTURES :PORTABLE-COMMONLOOPS :PCL :TURBO-CLOSURE-ENV-SIZE
        :TURBO-CLOSURE :SDEBUG :DEFPACKAGE SETF TRUNCATE_USE_C
        CLX-LITTLE-ENDIAN I386 SGC IEEE-FLOATING-POINT DEBIAN GNU LINUX
        GMP GCL AKCL COMMON KCL)

  The second attack will also be on configure.in, to provide a
  --without-tcl flag. It would be nice, if Debian could provide
  a naked ANSI-GCL that does'nt require TCL/TK, in addition to
  the gcl/tcl/tk monstrum. A short `grep (Depends|Suggests).*gcl
  /var/lib/dpkg/available` showed that no package depends on
  gcl, currently. I would therefore suggest to depend Axiom on
  gcl-nox and Maxima on gcl-tk package.

Bye Michael

ps: I'll detect DEBIAN by the existance of /var/lib/dpkg/available.
  I would be glad, if anyone can provide their locations to detect
  RedHat, SuSE, (Net|Free|Open)BSD, MacOS/X and M$Windows via eMail.
- please ignore this call for files, if you read this in mai 2004 or
  later, and your distribution is not yet autodetected at this time.
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM