gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Why does SBCL ...? was Re: "The Little Lisper"

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Why does SBCL ...? was Re: "The Little Lisper"
Date: 06 Apr 2004 12:09:28 -0400

that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

Greetings! I've just downloaded the CVS -- if I can find a few spare
moments I might try my hand at this.  Time is tight as we're trying to
get 2.6.2 out the door.

Just a note that gcl comes with an emacs mode -- 'dbl' that works
fairly well but has a number of outstanding issues, especially as it
was designed to work with the cltl1 image and hasn't been updated
since.  As GCL compiles code on top of C, once can even run dbl mode
on top of emacs gdb mode if one is so inclined.

Any interested volunteers are encouraged to write to me should they
wish to take this on and need assistance.

Take care,