gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows - Instability in universe.lsp

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows - Instability in universe.lsp
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:34:56 +1000

Hi all.

For the record in case someone gets a chance over the weekend, I've narrowed
the optimisatios which may cause a crash down to just a few:

| I will also break the optimisations down into their individual components
| per your earlier suggestion.  The above three tests suggest

Working with GCL stable branch, gcc 3.3.3, binutils 2.15.90, PIV 512 MB
WinXP, the ANSI test builds with 305 errors if

O2FLAGS = O3FLAGS =

O3FLAGS = -fdefer-pop -fmerge-constants -fthread-jumps -floop-optimize \
 -fcrossjumping -fif-conversion -fif-conversion2 -fdelayed-branch \
 -fguess-branch-probability -fcprop-registers -fomit-frame-pointer \
 -fforce-mem  -foptimize-sibling-calls -fstrength-reduce -fcse-follow-jumps
\
 -fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop  -frerun-loop-opt \
 -fgcse   -fgcse-lm   -fgcse-sm -freorder-blocks -falign-functions \
 -falign-jumps -falign-loops -falign-labels \
 -fdelete-null-pointer-checks -fexpensive-optimizations -fregmove \
 -fschedule-insns  -fschedule-insns2 -fsched-interblock -fsched-spec

Adding this group of optimisations causes the ANSI test build to crash:

#          -fcaller-saves \
#          -fpeephole2 \
#          -fstrict-aliasing \
#   -freorder-functions \

I'll try and narrow this down over the weekend but no guarantees so please
feel free to investigate and let us know!

Cheers

Mike Thomas.