gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows GCL: setjmp/longjmp

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows GCL: setjmp/longjmp
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:45:24 +1000

Hi Camm.

With a -fvolatile build on the stable branch there is no difference.

Catching the ANSI test crash with the debugger gives the same corrupted
stack problem I mentioned when we first tried to catch this one.

Test SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P.1 failed
Form: (LOOP
        FOR
        IN
        +SPECIAL-OPERATORS+
        UNLESS
        (SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P S)
        COLLECT
        S)
Expected value: NIL
Actual value: (LOAD-TIME-VALUE SYMBOL-MACROLET).
Test SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P.2 failed
Form: (LET ((P (FIND-PACKAGE "CL")))
        (LOOP
          FOR
          NAME
          IN
          *CL-SYMBOL-NAMES*
          UNLESS
          (OR (MEMBER NAME +SPECIAL-OPERATORS+ :TEST #'STRING=)
              (LET ((SYM (FIND-SYMBOL NAME P)))
                (OR (NOT (SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P SYM))
                    (MACRO-FUNCTION SYM))))
          COLLECT
          NAME))
Expected value: NIL
Actual value: ("DECLARE").
 SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P.ORDER.1
0x77c337c9 in msvcrt!_abnormal_termination ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x77c337c9 in msvcrt!_abnormal_termination ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
#1  0x77c37856 in strerror () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
#2  0x77c34e9a in msvcrt!longjmp () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
(gdb)

I'll try and catch the HEAD build instead in the hope that the debugger
stack report is more meaningful.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

| > |
| > | Call longjmp before the function that called setjmp returns;
| otherwise the
| > | results are unpredictable.
| > |
| > | Observe the following restrictions when using longjmp:
| > |