gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL produces wrong EOL on mingw

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL produces wrong EOL on mingw
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:09:00 +1000

Hi Camm.

As to whether it is related to CT/LF issues , who would know.  I would
expect it to be one off instead of two.

OK, just to be clear, you don't see filename corruption which using
(ignore-errors ... on non-existent files, right?

Both head and stable have no such problem with existent and non-existent files and parent directories including replacement of forward slashes with double back-slashes:

=======================================
>(ignore-errors (file-namestring "c:/notadirectory/notafile"))

"notafile"

>(ignore-errors (file-namestring "c:/msys/notafile"))

"notafile"

>(ignore-errors (file-namestring "c:/msys/1.0"))

"1.0"

Vadim, I'm reluctant to chase the problem for 2.6.2 as we already have a workaround, but let me know if you disagree strongly and I'll try to do so during the coming week.

Cheers

MIke Thomas.