gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: Time/work remaining?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: Time/work remaining?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:57:17 +1000

Hi Bob.

| I have tried it and it fails, as you can see from the enclosed
| screen shot.
| I believe it shows the .exe file failing to do anything.  (In
| this particular
| installation, because there are no other bugs, the .exe file gets
| deleted, as you can see from the screen shot, so I'm not able
| to test it manually.)

Bad news - looks like XDR functions are dead on at least some Windows 98
machines for the time being.

The fact that it works on some and not others suggests an OS upgrade or
DLL/package update difference (which could easily be hidden in an
application which is present on one computer but not another); maybe even a
difference in network connections (as ONCRPC.DLL uses sockets.)

In any case it isn't worth holding up GCL 2.6.2 over this one I think.

| The "exit" after the pause did not result in the window going away.
| I still have to delete it manually.

A shame.  I had a dream!

| Happy to try further installations.

No worries - barring sudden inspiration I'll probably wait now until I am
testing the final installer.

| Thanks very much,

Likewise, Bob.   Your patience and detailed feedback is very much
appreciated.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.