gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Build trouble on Mandrake

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Build trouble on Mandrake
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:46:22 +0100

Hello,

Martin RUBEY <address@hidden> writes:

>> Could you post the content of lsp/gcl-2.6.1/config.log of your Axiom
>> compilation?
>
> Here you go:
[...]
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 5825 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> int main() { exit(alloca(500) != NULL ? 0 : 1);}
> configure:5918: checking Checking for buggy gcc version from redhat

Apparently, there isn't the end of this file. In my own config.log, I
have after the above line ("Checking for buggy gcc version from
redhat"), I have:
configure:9772: result: no
configure:9875: creating ./config.status

## ---------------------- ##
## Running config.status. ##
## ---------------------- ##

Is this part really missing in your config.log?

If configure succeeded in creating config.status, you should have a
section:
#
# CONFIG_FILES section.
#

# No need to generate the scripts if there are no CONFIG_FILES.
# This happens for instance when ./config.status config.h
if test -n "$CONFIG_FILES"; then
  # Protect against being on the right side of a sed subst in config.status.
  sed 's/,@/@@/; s/@,/@@/; s/,;t t$/@;t t/; /@;t t$/s/[\\&,]/\\&/g;
   s/@@/,@/; s/@@/@,/; s/@;t t$/,;t t/' >$tmp/subs.sed <<\CEOF
s,@SHELL@,/bin/sh,;t t
s,@PATH_SEPARATOR@,:,;t t

Could you send it, with all the "s,@PATH_SEPARATOR@,:,;t t" patterns
(until the CEOF line)?

As a side note, when compiling Axiom, it is always nice to make a full
transcript of the compilation by using the script command or by
compiling in an Emacs shell. Thus we can have the full compilation
commands and results.

It is always difficult to debug by emails. :)

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/