gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: GCL produces wrong EOL on mingw

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL produces wrong EOL on mingw
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:47:21 +0300

Camm Maguire ?????:
Thanks Vadim!  I'm cc'ing Mike, as from your report alone I don't know
where the problem could be.  Do you have a simple test command in
lisp?  Do you mean that *every* line break comes with two carriage
returns?  Mike, also, have the W98 install problems with P. Boyer been
resolved?
Take care,

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

Small but unpleasant problem with current
cvs on mingw.  Gcl produces EOL as
  0D 0D 0A
Should be
  0D 0A
Wrong EOL confuses some Windows programs.

At the end of mingw.h there is macro WRITEC_NEWLINE
defined as \r\n.  This macro should be commented out.
The point is that mingw takes care of right Windows EOLs
itself.  I've checked with the latest stable mingw
(gcc 3.2.3) and some recent gcc 3.3.1.
   printf("A\n")
produces 41 0D 0A
Maybe special WRITEC_NEWLINE is required for some older
mingw releases?

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>