gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: MacOS X status

From: Lars Rosengreen
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: MacOS X status
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:20:50 -0800

Hi Aurelien and Camm,

Thanks for getting GCL working on OS X.

Sorry for being so dense, but what options should I be passing to configure now to build from cvs head with bfd ? If I do this:

kinkajou:~/gcl lars$ ./configure

kinkajou:~/gcl lars$ make

I get this:

cd binutils/bfd && make
make  all-recursive
Making all in doc
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
rm -f bfd-tmp.h
cp bfd-in3.h bfd-tmp.h
/bin/sh ./../move-if-change bfd-tmp.h bfd.h
rm -f bfd-tmp.h
touch stmp-bfd-h
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I./../include -I./../intl -I../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -c archive.c gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I. -I./../include -I./../intl -I../intl -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -c archive.c -o archive.o
In file included from archive.c:131:
sysdep.h:135:21: libintl.h: No such file or directory
archive.c: In function `_bfd_write_archive_contents':
archive.c:1826: warning: implicit declaration of function `dgettext'
archive.c:1826: warning: passing arg 1 of pointer to function makes pointer from integer without a cast
archive.c: In function `_bfd_archive_bsd_update_armap_timestamp':
archive.c:2093: warning: passing arg 1 of `perror' makes pointer from integer without a cast archive.c:2120: warning: passing arg 1 of `perror' makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[3]: *** [archive.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make: *** [binutils/bfd/libbfd.a] Error 2
kinkajou:~/gcl lars$

just wondering!  (dlopen build works fine for me).

All the best,
Lars.