gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] opening a socket to a web server

From: michael philetus weller
Subject: [Gcl-devel] opening a socket to a web server
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:07:43 -0800 (PST)

hi,

I am running gcl 2.5.0 in gnu emacs on windows xp and am trying to build a
web crawler for a class assignment at the university of washington. I
downloaded this windows binary from

  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/gclwin.html

When I type

  (apropos 'socket)

I get

  SYSTEM:ACCEPT-SOCKET-CONNECTION  Function
  SYSTEM:SOCKET  Function
  SYSTEM:OPEN-NAMED-SOCKET  Function
  SOCKET

but I can't find any documentation on any of these functions in the
documentation folder.

I noticed in the news item on the 2.5.1 release that sockets are listed
under the features.

could you point me towards some documentation or code samples that could
help?

thanks,

mike weller
address@hidden