gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ["Gordon Shaw Novak" <address@hidden>]Re:GCLgetting slus

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ["Gordon Shaw Novak" <address@hidden>]Re:GCLgetting slushy ...
Date: 24 Feb 2004 12:56:56 -0500

Greetings, and thanks as always, Mike!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> 3. It takes GCL even further away from LGPL.

This reminds me of something we should probably take care of before
2.6.2.

Right now our banner says

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.6.1) Fri Feb 20 16:31:57 UTC 2004
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

We should probably instead default to

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  (2.6.1) Fri Feb 20 16:31:57 UTC 2004
GCL source licensed under GNU Library General Public License
This binary licensed under the GPL due to the inclusion of
the following external GPL'ed features: unexec, libbfd, readline
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

This list could be generated from elements in the *features* list put
in at compile time depending on the selected options.

Thoughts, (but not flames :-)) most appreciated.

Take care,