gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: cmpinit.lsp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: cmpinit.lsp
Date: 19 Feb 2004 09:46:02 -0500

Greetings!

1) Can you send me your file?  Pretty hard to help with so little
   information.

2) Speed differences of this magnitude are almost always due to
   garbage collection.  (setq si::*notify-gbc* t) to find out.  Also
   look at (si::gbc-time) and its info page.  If so, make sure you
   declare the types of your variables where possible.

3) gcl-2.6.1 and above comes with a profiling option.  Compile with
   --enable-gprof, then bracket your code with (si::gprof-start) and
   (si::gprof-quit).

4) I don't know what your lisp is, but I'm reasonably confident that
   your performance issues are far more basic than those related to
   fine tuning compiler switches.