gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] mac os x port questions

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] mac os x port questions
Date: 13 Feb 2004 23:33:37 -0500

Greetings!  Just add the following to config.h and/or
powerpc-macosx.h:

#define MPROTECT_ACTION_FLAGS SA_SIGINFO|SA_RESTART

You can also add #undef SGC to try a build without this optional
optimization to begin with.

I don't know what the state of SGC on macosx is, but apparently this
is what Aurelien was talking about when he indicated that recent
changes had broken SGC on macosx.  I've looked quickly through the .h
file and don't see where the mprotect_handler function is installed at
all, though the GET_FAULT_ADDRESS macro is defined.  we of course need
to centralize these macros in a configure test at some point, but not
now for 2.6.2.

The new runtime SGC test code installs a test handler with the same
sigaction flags as the real handler to be used if the test passes, and
with the same fault address discovery code.  If anything goes wrong,
sgc is disabled automatically.

Take care,