gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] mac os x port questions

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] mac os x port questions
Date: 12 Feb 2004 10:15:20 -0500

Greetings!  2.6.1 should build out of the box on macosx.  If not,
please let us know.  You can get it at

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl
cvs -z9 -q co -r Version_2_6_1 -d gcl-2.6.1 gcl

I'm hoping configure will choose the right defaults for you, but if
memory serves you want --disable-statsysbfd --enable-custreloc.
Aurelien was working on a bfd build, but I can't remember how far he
got.  If you have an external libgmp3, add --enable-dynsysgmp.  If you
want ansi, --enable-ansi, but in this case I'd recommend checking out
the cvs HEAD (development) branch (drop the -r Version_2_6_1).

Please let us know.  YOu might want to search through the archives for
Aurelien's posts.  Others have written about building acl2/gcl on
macosx as well -- should be all recorded in the archives, but I'm a
bit too pressed for time now to search myself.

Take care,