gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Make or defsystem

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Maxima] Make or defsystem
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:01:21 -0600

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 09:07, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Given this, perhaps the best would be
> to define in defsystem, and have a lisp export facility to makefiles.
> In today's opensource world, *many* non-experts/developers wind up
> compiling their own programs.

Unsurprisingly, I think the solution I implemented in Maxima is the best
way to go. Maxima is defined by defsystem. The make-based build simply
invokes lisp and tells it to compile the system using defsystem. The
only exporting that goes on is the exporting of the source-file
dependencies to make. I would be happy to describe the system for anyone
interested.

--Jim