gcl-devel

Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:15:17 +1000

Hi Camm.

./configure --disable-statsysbfd --disable-custreloc --enable-dlopen
(--enable-ansi)

and then build maxima with the -alt-gcl-link.  I'd really like to know
how this goes.
I keep meaning to reply to this request and continually forget I'm sorry. There isn't support for dlopen in Win32. It might be possible to borrow code from the Moscow ML source tree which does an excellent job of this but it really is pushing the limits of Windows compatibility particularly when there is a lot of static data lying around in the libraries.

Remember that DLL's on Windows are completely linked executables which means that the semantics of their use are substantially different to that on Unix platforms.
Cheers

Mike Thomas