gcl-devel

Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] HEAD Maxima and HEAD trad GCL
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:02:45 -0600

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 05:22, Vadim V. Zhytnikov wrote:

> >>The only "resolution" I have - replace Maxima defsystem
> >>by older version. Then Maxima build goes flawlessly.
> >>I'd like to know who is the real troublemaker.
> >>Maybe we hit some subtle GCL+mingw bug.

> This is patch to current CVS Maxima defsystem.lisp
> which resolves trouble with Mingw GCL.
>
> Basically it restores one line conditional
>
> #+:gcl(abs-name (file-namestring abs-dir))
> #-:gcl(abs-name (ignore-errors (file-namestring abs-dir)))
>
> This conditional can be found in older defsystem and
> later was replaced by mere
>
> (abs-name (ignore-errors (file-namestring abs-dir)))
>
> So it seems that there is some bug in ignore-errors
> in Mingw GCL.

Sorry to interrupt, but I am now confused. Do you have the cltl1 gcl
working, or the ansi gcl working. I experimented with the cltl1 gcl on
windows. With some modifications to defsystem.lisp I was able to get
Maxima to build, but it crashed while running the tests.

If the three of you (Vadim, Camm and Mike) are succeeding in producing a
windows gcl that will work with Maxima, I jump in and complicate
matters.

I'm really holding out for a working windows binary.

--Jim