gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] BFD related issues - belated reply.

From: Aurelien Chanudet
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] BFD related issues - belated reply.
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:28:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi Mike,

Sure I'd like to help out.  I know about this
bfdtest.c file, which I happen to have used myself to
test BFD dynamic loading for Mac OS X.  Unfortunately,
I'm absolutely unacquainted to PE, which is probably
the object file format you're using.  What I'd do is
look at this in gdb to see what exactly is happening.
As I don't have access to any Windows machine running
cygwin or mingw (or whatever you're using), I can't
look into the matter myself.  Could you provide a
stack trace along with a generous context ?  Then, as
I've been working on BFD for quite some time now,
maybe I can come up with a solution.

>From my experience, the code in bfdtest.c (and in
sfasfbfd.c) is fairly experimental, and heavily relies
on the behavior for ELF.  Is BFD reputedly working for
PE ?  I know that there's support for Windows DLL in
GNU ld, so I suspect there should be some kind of
minimal support for BFD as well.  Fixing the matter
might not be that much of a headache.

Aurelien