gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on mingw - patches
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:55:18 +1000

Hi Vadim.

One last bit of information to help you with MSYS automake etc.

Following up on your problems and on Jim's advice below, on the weekend I
did a clean MSYS/MinGW install (using the latest versions of everything) on
my home machine (Win 2000 Pro) to make sure that recent MSYS changes have
not broken automake.

It all went perfectly except that I strongly advise you not to use MSYS
1.0.10 Release Candidate 3, which has the annoying bug of launching a DOS
shell window whenever it launches a subprocess.  I used RC2 instead and
everything was fine.  The RC3 problem is apparently reported and a fix will
be in RC4.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.