gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] readline support

From: ddj
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] readline support
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:43:44 +0000 (UTC)

        However, I'm not sure whether this should be the
        external symbols of the current package, external
        and internal, or these and the inherited symbols.
        I'm leaning toward external symbols of the current
        package and its package use list be default,
        with a possible alternate behavior when one or
        more colons appear.  Thoughts?

Yes.  The external symbols of the current package and its
used packages, yes that would be nice.

What if by prefixing two colons, only internal symbols
would be expanded?

If I write a package name and one colon, it should behave
as if that package is the current package.  If I use two
colons it should only try and complete internal symbols
(including inherited internal symbols, perhaps).  If I
use two colons without any package name in front of them
it should complete internal symbols in the current package
(and again perhaps also all inherited internal symbols of
the current package).

On the other hand, maybe two colons should just complete
all symbols whether they are internal, shadowed or
external.  I have on a few occassions missed the ability
to find an internal symbol by simple completion.  It can
be very handy.  I do not know if this is general enough
to warrant its implementation.

Thanks for all your work!

--
Dennis Decker Jensen