gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] savannah

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] savannah
Date: 29 Dec 2003 15:45:10 -0500

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> | What about including some mingw patches in 2.6.2?
> | I'd like to have some mingw problem fixed in
> | to forthcoming Maxima 5.9.1 release.
>
> Vadim: Per my separate reply to your original patch email, I've checked the
> important patches into HEAD.
>
> Camm: What is the recommended CVS incantation to merge HEAD changes into the
> stable branch without having to hand patch the stable tree and check in all
> over again?

I usually use (in a stable cvs tree)

cvs diff -u -b -r HEAD file

and then if all is well

cvs diff -u -b -r HEAD file | patch

You may find that the diff has other stuff you don't want included.
Then you can find out the latest two  versions with cvs log, and do

cvs diff -u -b -r <next to last (HEAD) version> -r <current (HEAD)
version>

and pipe into patch if that is clean enough.  Could be an easier way
-- I'm certainly no guru.

Take care,