gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Free and Open Source Axiom exists

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Free and Open Source Axiom exists
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:27:01 +0100

Hello Paul,

address@hidden (Paul Zimmermann) writes:

>    On the laptop it appears you need libbfd.a
>
> I have libbfd, but only a dynamic library:

Thanks to friend in our local LUG, I have the following answers:

 - you'll find libbfd.a and libiberty.a in "libbinutils2-devel" packages;

 - GCL 2.5.3 exists as a Mandrake package:
http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/9.2/contrib/SRPMS/gcl-2.5.3-1mdk.src.rpm

You could use for Axiom, look at the package to see the needed patches
for the Mandrake or call the package maintainer to see if he has
gcl-2.6.x in the pipe.

I hope it helps,
Yours,
d.