gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems building gcl-2.6.1-18 on Solaris 8 (SPARC)

From: John Tang Boyland
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Problems building gcl-2.6.1-18 on Solaris 8 (SPARC)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:31:44 -0600

First I tried building gcl with pure Solaris-only ld.
(all the times before I had GNU ld before Solaris ld
in my path, but GCC used SOlaris ld).
This resulted in teh same problem (crash upon exit).

Then I redid everything with a shell script for gcc that
used the -B command to force the usage of GNU ld,
and this *worked*!  SO the problem was indeed an interaction
between gcc lib and Solaris ld.

gcl built just fine apparently, although there were some texinfo problems:

texi2html -split_chapter gcl-si.texi
texi2html -split_chapter gcl-tk.texi
texi2html -split_chapter gcl.texi
*** Bad node line: @node The "Affected By" Section of a Dictionary Entry, The
"Arguments" Section of a Dictionary Entry, Interpreting Dictionary Entries,
Interpreting Dictionary Entries
*** Bad node line: @node The "Arguments" Section of a Dictionary Entry, The
"Arguments and Values" Section of a Dictionary Entry, The "Affected By" Section
of a Dictionary Entry, Interpreting Dictionary Entries
*** Bad node line: @node The "Arguments and Values" Section of a Dictionary
Entry, The "Binding Types Affected" Section of a Diction
... (a whole screenful of such messages)

Thanks for the help,
Next, you may get other kinds of error reports!

John