gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec
Date: 06 Nov 2003 11:30:00 -0500

Greetings, and thank you again for your vital feedback.  The solution
I've just implemented would have been impossible without it.

I'm pleased to announce a just-committed resolution to this issue,
bringing stability to gcl/maxima/acl2/axiom on ia64 and any future
platform like it which may use dynamic function descriptors.  (I've
heard hpux and ppc64 are in the same category already).

There is now a #define switch STATIC_FUNCTION_POINTERS which will
ensure that all C defined functions installed into lisp as pointers
are static.  We were *very* fortunate that compiled lisp code did not
have to be changed at all -- only the files in the o/ subdirectory, by
in large.

I'm uploading new .debs for 2.6.1 and cvs which will close the two
bug reports pertinent to this issue.

Take care,