gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec
Date: 31 Oct 2003 11:06:06 -0500

Greetings!

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> >  Was there ever a GNU emacs obstacle on ia64 linux, or am I confusing
> > the situation with xemacs?
>
> Since GNU Emacs does not assign function pointers at runtime there was
> never such a problem.

Could you please sketch how this is accomplished in emacs, given its
lisp base?  I.e. as one initializes the lisp when building emacs, does
one not create function objects containing pointers/function addresses
which are then dumped in the unexec?  Or are all lisp function objects
statically defined in C source files as explicitly initialized
structures?

Take care,