gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Mach-O BFD back-end

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Mach-O BFD back-end
Date: 29 Oct 2003 20:37:45 -0500

Greetings!

Aurelian, this is absolutely wonderful!  Great job!

Please feel free to commit any macosx-specific changes you may need in
the bfd subdirectory.  I'll try to get to your posted patches in the
main files as soon as I can.  My apologies for the delay.

I'm just wondering now if macosx happens to use a gp pointer in its
relocation logic.  An example implementation of
bfd_get_relocated_section_contents on such a machine would likely open
up in one step all the remaining others.  My guess though is that
macosx is closer to ppc linux instead.

What kind of logic is needed in build_symbol_table_bfd?  Would be nice
to standardize this.  Right now the logic is determined very
experimentally via analysis of GCL compiled .o files.

Take care, and thanks again!