gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: ia64 function descriptors and unexec
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:55:06 +1100

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas> I have hacked XEmacs to re-assign all those function
Andreas> pointers, good enough to get it running.  But this hack is
Andreas> too ugly, so I never bothered to send the patch upstream (I
Andreas> also never used XEmacs myself, so I don't care much).  I've
Andreas> heard that the current version of XEmacs use a different
Andreas> dumper which doesn't have this problem any more, but I didn't
Andreas> test it yet.

Well the version packaged for Debian on IA64 still does not work:
Bug #149088 in the debian bug tracking system.

Peter C